Tuesday, August 9, 2016

round and round it goes

I admit, I do get frustrated

     It started simply.  Call the Apple store to set up a genius bar appointment so they can tell me what is wrong and what the cost is.
     Except, my call went to an automated system somewhere who the hell knows where.
     When I finally talked to a woman, I found myself in a catch 22 situation.
     Bcause my computer is older, it has to go to a vintage repair shop, not the store.
     I asked the lady if my computer is beyond repair, or it's an expensive repair, will I be able to buy a new computer at that store?.
     No.  I have to go to the Apple store.
     So I asked why I can't take my computer to the Apple store, have them check it out, tell me what is wrong, and if it is a lot to repair, order a new one.
     She said I can't because they don't repair older computers at the store.
     After running this circular conversation three times, I said thank you, I guess I will have to find another solution.
     I went on line and scheduled an appointment at the Apple store myself.
     And despite Apple being a computer company, that was not easy.
     For instance, they ask the serial number of a computer that won't start.  Luckily, the serial numer is on the box......as if I actually saved a box for seven years!  And no, I did not.
     Anyway, long story short....going to Naperville Thursday.
     And compounding the problem, I can't get my Comcast e mail on my pc..........I have no idea what a stmp is, but mine needs correcting.
     I'm gonna put that on my list of things that I need to get fixed!
     Computers......sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment