Sunday, August 21, 2016

my legs!! my legs!!

I walked in the Heritage Festival parade today

     I took Jackie to a friend's house on Lincoln Highway, then walked over to the Presbyterian Church.
     I saw the Flagg Township Museum float, and it looked pretty darn nice!
     But I didn't walk with them.
     I saw the Ogle County Democrats, they had a fairly large group, considering the small number of Democrats in Ogle County.  But I didn't walk with them.
     I did walk with the Rotary Club, and was really happy to see all the Interact youngsters show up.    They are an energetic group of high school students.
     So we walked to downtown....maybe 1.5 miles or so.  (Note the decimal point.)
     But I had already walked to get there.
     And I walked back from downtown to get Jackie.
     I figured I walked the parade route twice.
     And my legs feel it.
     Also went to the bridge dedication, and opted to drive my golf cart to the park because I was running late.  It was a lucky thing, because I gave rides to a couple of people who were of my age group and were having a tough time navigating the uneven ground.
     To top it off, my legs have been itching like crazy for 24 hours.
     I have taken allergy medication, rubbed aloe cream on them , rubbed shea butter cream on them....and they still itch.
     It will be a hard night sleeping tonight.
     I'll either scratch myself all night or cramp up.
     I just hope my legs are normal tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment