Friday, March 29, 2024

Welllllll

 I watched an old movie today


    The Girl Can't Help It  was released in the late 50's.

    The Beatles book I am reading mentioned that some of "the lads" saw the movie in Liverpool and were blown away by the music.  The video features Little Richard, Fats Domino and other groups from that era.

    They were discovering rock and roll.  In the movie, and in the lads' lives.

    This movie seemed to be a big influence  on them, so I tracked down a copy and spent the afternoon watching it.  And burning cookies.

    Jayne Mansfield and Tom Ewell starred in the movie.  I had forgotten how beautiful Jayne was.  It was kind of funny, but it was neat seeing all the groups that played at some point in the movie.

    Jackie and I made Italian cookies for Easter, but due to a small misunderstanding, they stayed in the oven too long and burned.

    We will make another batch tomorrow.

    The recipe calls for the zest of one lemon.  I have lemon peel in a jar, which is zest, right?  But how much zest is in a peel?  A tablespoon?  Half a cup?  It's a puzzle to me.

    Speaking of puzzles, Julia got a postcard from a friend today.  They had visited Kenya and I told Julia they sent a postcard.

    Julia was surprised because they were in Kenya last October and hadn't mentioned going back again.

    But when I read the postcard, the last lines were "Have to back t o work tomorrow....boo.  Speaking of boo, Happy Halloween"

    (Don't criticize me for reading someone else's  postcard!  Postcards are fair game in the nosey person book.)

    I guess sending a card to Florida with our postal system and expecting it to get there in 4 or 5 days is pretty damn good considering this card took 5 months.

    Jackie and I went to Good Friday services in DeKalb and stopped at Popeyes for a shrimp dinner for her and a fish sandwich for me.  They were darn tasty!

    And that's it for me....can hear thunder, I think.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment