Saturday, March 16, 2024

well.....I never

 I am a guy stuck in the past, musically


    And culturally too.  I don/t know much about current movies, stars, or trends.  For me, my cultural life stopped developing in the 1960s.

    I mean, I love the Beatles.  And the Stones.  and 50s-60s music.  Not crazy about disco, or country and western, unless it's Waylon and Willie.  And I love Jimmy, (RIP) but he is in a class all by himself.

    So I was basically clueless about Taylor Swift. 

    She started showing up at KC football games, and I was puzzled about the draw.

    My friend Sheri went to a Swift concert this summer with her daughter and seemed to love it.

    Well, I said to Julia we should invite Sheri over for pizza and watch  The ErasTour on the Disney channel.

    So we did.

    I now know who Taylor Swift is....and I am impressed.

    She does a 3 + hour show and does not have an intermission.  She does costume changes on the fly and has great dancers, singers, and band members backing her.

    Now I am not going to run out and buy some music by her, but I do have a new respect for her.  

    Honestly, I figured while the girls were watching I would go  and read someplace.  But I was fascinated by the show and the showmanship.

    The Eras Tour video streaming on Disney and Hulu was shot at Sofi Stadium.  Some 420,000 attended the 6 shows she did there.

    That to me is amazing.  

    Speaking of amazing........(neat segue, eh?)

    I read an article where NY state officials confiscated a 750 pound alligator a man was keeping in a pool inside his house.

    He has had the alligator for 34 years.  He has an in-house pool that he configured to look like a pond. The gator is blind and does not move very well. The man had a license to keep the animal, but the state changed the rules and he was not grandfathered in the new regulation, or something like that.

    What was amazing is he allowed neighborhood kids to swim in the pool with the alligator!!

    I don't care how friendly the gator is, I would not share a swimming pool with it.  He may be blind, but I don't want to chance his sense or smell confusing me for a side of beef.  Besides, I am not a fan of gator poop.

    And that's my beef for today.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment