Thursday, March 28, 2024

Play Ball!!!

 Baseball has finally started


    I know.  Some of you are rolling their eyes.

    But we enjoy watching the Cubs.  Not the Cards.  Not the Sox, red or white, but the Cubs.

     I hope they win another World Series in my lifetime.  The Cubs and Sox combined have won 2 World Series in the last 114 years.  That is not good.

    Anyway, the pieces are all in place.  And not that I agree with all of the pieces.

    For example, I liked David Ross. He was replaced  by Craig Counsell as manager.  And I liked Peter Crow Armstrong, who is back in the minors because the Cubs were able to resign Cody Bellinger. 

    Aside from that, it's the pace of the game I enjoy.. Yes, they have a pitch clock but it is still a leisurely played game.  The pace is not frantic, like basketball; or stop and go, like football.  It is just a nice, steady pace.

    I don't find it boring, but a lot of people do.  

    Now I have to go get my Cubs flag out for when they win in Texas tonight.

    Kind of a quiet day around here.  The sun was shining, the wind was a little calmer, but the weather was still a little chilly.  I am sure it will eventually warm up to where I don't have to wear a coat.

    I met a former student at the store today.

    He said, "Hello, Mr. Dickow."

    I asked him what his name was.

    He told me and as he said it I could see his 11 year old face.

    I mentioned he was a little chunky when he was in fifth grade.  He countered with telling me he lost about 100 pounds during high school, mainly bike riding and exercising.  

    I told him that was great, and maybe I should try that instead of feeding my face with stuff.

    That would be a goal to shoot for.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment