Monday, March 18, 2024

this and that

I just have odds and ends today 

    I chipped a tooth on something.  Now I have a dental appointment tomorrow to at least have it smoothed down so it doesn't irritate my tongue more than it has.

    I finished Miss Buncle Married, a novel written in the early 1930s and dealing with the people in a small village in England.  I first read Miss Buncle's Book and was so intrigued by the characters and descriptions that I opted to read the second book.  Now I have found a third on Hoopla and will start that tonight.  Maybe.

    I took Beth to the groomers for a wash and trim today.  They said she had lots of tangles.  Lots.  I have tried brushing her, so has Julia, but we don't seem to be able to keep ahead of the snarls.  Maybe with a fresh start we can.

    Sometimes the autocorrect makes my correct spelling incorrect.  like Miss Buncle.  It changes it to bungle and I have to go back and change it again.

        I walked at the REC today and ended up talking to 4 people I have not seen for a while.  Might have talked longer than I walked.

    Julia made supper tonight.  I call them Philly cheese steaks, but that is me.  Thinly sliced roast beef on a bun, topped with mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce then baked open faded  in the oven.  It was darn good!

    I read 2 different ways.  

    I have an e-reader, which is what I use for Hoopla.  

    I also real book read in my chair in the den.  

    The real book I am  reading is Tune In. the first volume in a 4 volume series on the Beatles.  I just got up to the part where John meets Paul.

    The amount of research that has gone into this book is amazing.  I am intimidated by the 800 plus pages, but reading about the early lives of the 4 in Liverpool is pretty darn interesting.  

    And I am bothered by my nose hairs and ear hairs growing so fast, while the hair on my head seems to be disappearing slowly.   Thank heavens for electric trimmers.

Peace and Love

    

    


No comments:

Post a Comment