Thursday, March 14, 2024

Otis weather

I am a little tired of this 


    70 one day, 50 the next and 40 by the time I grill supper.

    I wore a heavier coat at 5:30 than I did at 12;30 because I was freezing out in the garage.

    Yes, in the garage.

    I put the grill in the garage during the winter so I can grill is semi comfort.  I do have the garage door open, I am not totally stupid.

    But I was cold today, and the pork chops might have been cold when I took them off the grill.

    I was a little embarrassed today.  Again.

    Jackie was getting her hair done, so I have about an hour to do something.  I almost always go over to Acres Bistro and have a coffee and some cookies. 

    Well, they had cookies today, but hey also had a brownie in a Mason jar type goodie with whipped cream, raspberry filling, brownie and something else. It was super delish!

    I misread the bill.  I gave the waitress a $10, expecting $2.5o or so in change.  But the bill was not $7.50. but $9:50.  Now, I had a $20 bill, but did not want to break it for some unknown reason.  Which meant I did not have much to leave for a tip.

    And the lady was super nice to me.  She kept my coffee cup filled, talked to me for a couple of minutes, and made sure I was a happy camper.

    So on my way out I told her I shorted her on a tip, but would make up for it next time.  She laughed and said not to worry.

    But I do!  I don't want to be a cheap skate.

    I just hope she is working next time I go in.

    Also learned I will be gaining more weight starting in April.

    A new ice cream parlor is opening right across from the museum on 8th street.  They will have malts, shakes, sundaes and ice cream.  It will be a great addition to the downtown, but will probably shorten my life span by 7 years.

    All things in moderation, I know.  But ice cream?  

    When I order at Country School and have to wait, I always get a cone of moose tracks.  I can usually finish half of it before the order comes.  Again, I have no self control.

    As a matter of fact, cone or cup is the easiest decision I ever have to make in life.  Always, cone.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment