Saturday, February 10, 2024

snow?

 I have many insecurities in life


    I try to think positively, but sometimes that does not work vey well for me.

    I often think bridges will collapse under me.  Or the elevator I am in will suddenly start a free fall. My car will break down in a desolate area late a night, even in the daytime.  That tall building or tower will collapse with me on the top floor.

    And those insecurities were why it snowed at my house today.

    Specifically, it snowed in the laundry area.

    Here's where Too Much Information gets divulged.

    Almost 4 years ago I had prostate cancer.  My prostate was removed.  For a while after the surgery, shall we say my plumbing did not always function correctly.  Like a kitchen sink faucet, I dripped.  Sometimes a lot.

    To prevent any damage to bedding, I got into the habit of putting an absorbent pad under the sheets on my side of the bed.  

    To be clear, in the past 3 plus years, the pad has never gotten wet.  Yes, I replaced them from time to time because they just got worn out from me sleeping on them.  They were never exposed to water.

    Until today.l. When it got tangled in the sheets and I washed it.

    Trust me, absorbent pads are not meant to be washed.

    When I open the dryer door, a cloud of dust emerged.  When I took out the sheets, tiny pieces of fabric fluttered to the  ground.  A lot of it.  It was like a blizzard!

    It was all over the place!  Stuck to the sheets. my clothes, on the floor.

    And the dryer filter was clogged.

    I wiped out the washer, and the dryer, and tried to vacuum out the dryer.  

    I remembered I once bought a kit for vacuuming out a dryer vent.  Now all I had to do was find it.

    I knew it was in a yellow box. 

    I looked high and low for that yellow box.

    Jackie said she was surprised I didn't store it in the cabinet by the dryer.  I was too.

    But I looked there and no yellow box.

    On my third search of the cabinet, and actually moving some things, I found a plastic bag with the vent cleaning stuff....it was not in a yellow box after all.

    Twenty minutes later I had it all cleaned out.  There were a lot of little pieces.

    Julia came in the back door and asked what I did to create such a mess on the floor.

    I cleaned it all up.

    And one of my insecurities is gone.....no more pad where I sleep.  I am positive it will never be needed again.

Tomorrow?  49ers 35, KC 31.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment