Thursday, February 15, 2024

not a winner. not a winner

 I started a long put off task today


    When the lottery goes over 300 million, I generally buy a ticket or two.  Not a lot, just one or two.

    If there is no winner, or the winner is not from Rochelle, I just toss the tickets in a pile.

    Realize, there are multiple winners.  All you have to do is match a couple of numbers and the lucky number and you could win.  I never check those numbers.

    I took a bunch up to a gas station to check them today.

    Ticket after ticket gave me the not a winner message.  Geez, talk about making me feel bad!

    As I scanned the tickets, I thought, "How does this work?"  How does the scanner know that my ticket is not a winner?  What if the scanners are just programmed to say that so the state doesn't have to pay out money?  What if aliens used magnetic space rays to nullify my winning tickets?

    I know I won money !  I know I did.

    But the machine said I was a loser.

    So, being the OCD person I am, I took the tickets home and looked them up on the computer!

    Yes, that's right.  I spent 30 minutes looking up lottery tickets from last summer.

    And guess what?

    I am not a winner.

    Damn aliens.

    I still have a bunch left.  Do I trust the scanners?  Or should I say scammers???

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment