Saturday, February 3, 2024

Late night

 I think I missed Feb. 3!


    Jackie, Emily and I attended From the Heart in Rochelle.

    This is a fund raising night, with proceeds going to 8 organizations serving our community.

    There are silent auction items, raffles, drawings, live auctions and other fund raising activities.

    The grand finale of the night is a drawing for a really expensive necklace.  

    We have been going to this event for years and have never. qualified for the drawing.

    How it works is you buy tickets, you put the tickets in a jar on one of the tables, if your name gets drawn out of that jar you win the centerpiece plus a ping pong ball with the number of the table where the jar is.  Confused?  Wait.

    All the winners of the jar draws, I think there were 42, go to the front and the final winner is drawn.

    Well, well.....look at me!


    Not only did I win a ball, so did Emily!

    We were both in the running for the huge prize.

    Sad to say, I was eliminated pretty early.

    Emily made it almost to the end, but no winners in the Dickow clan.

    But it was a fun time.



    Speaking of winners, our own hedgehog made its appearance on Hedge Hog Day Feb. 3.
As you can see, the huge sun in the upper left caused the hedge hog to see his shadow and proclaim 13 days till spring training!

    I think he is right.




Peace and Love




No comments:

Post a Comment