Sunday, February 25, 2024

Sleepy Sunday

 Well, this was a relaxed day


    I did not do a thing.  Well, not quite true.  I read the paper, read one of my books, took a nap, ran the dishwasher....but nothing very taxing.

    I may have over indulged a bit these past two days.  Too much wine and food took a toll on the old guy today.

    I did try to do one simple job.  One.

    I bought a door stop to put on the hinge of our front door.

    When Beth is out, she some times runs up to the closed door and rams into it, forcing it open.  When it swings open it hits the print hanging behind the door.  One day,  that print is going to fall.

    So I bought a door stopper.

    I have used these many times.  Very simple.  Drive the hinge pin out, insert the door stop, drive the hinge pin in.

    Easy Peasy.

    Except when the hinge pin does not come out.  I goes up about an inch and then doesn't move.  I guess tomorrow I will try again.  Usually I drive it out an inch then use a screwdriver, put it under the head of the pin, and drive it the rest of the way.  

    I don't remember this hinge pin having a head.  Otherwise I would have done it.  Now I have to try again in case it does and I just didn't think of it at that time.

    Again, something that should take a minute or two took me 15 minutes of pounding and repounding with nothing to show for it.

    That's when I took my nap.

    And I deserved it.

    So there.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment