Sunday, February 11, 2024

caught!

 I don't always understand our dog


    Our morning routine is pretty regular.

    Julia gets up around 7 and gets Beth, lets her outside, then starts work.

    Jackie and I get up later, recently at 9 a.m. but sometimes later than that.

    Today, I was up at 7.  Beth came over and sat on the floor by the bed.  I dangled my arm off the side of the bed and was petting her.  I think I fell back asleep.  

    Then I heard this rustling and scratching.   I looked around and could not find Beth or Julia.

    I looked own and there is Beth's nose sticking out from under the bed.

    She was stuck!  She could not get out  from under our bed!

    I tried pulling her but her back kept getting caught on the bed. 

    I figured Julia would need to come and I would have to get Jackie out of bed, hen I could lift the side of the bed and Julia could pull Beth out.

    But we never made it that far.

    I went to get Jackie and there was a continued scrambling and finally Beth crawled out from under the bed.

    I let her out, Julia was up and said she'd let her back in, and I went back to bed.

    That was the highlight of the day.

    We did watch the Super Bowl.  We had a big gathering at the house, so many people I can't name them all.  Some people had to sit out on the patio because there was no room in the house!  I served prime rib, filet mignon, lobster and potato chips.  It was a fun time.

    And an exciting game.  I sort of wish it could have ended in a tie.

    Someday I will have the Bears to root for in the big game, right?

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment