Thursday, October 5, 2023

Score

 No, this is not about football or baseball


    I have solved my tow behind spreader problem.

    I bought new clamps and thing a ma bobs for the old spreader, which is Emily's but it does not turn.  It is frozen. I have taken it apart and spent hours trying to free up the parts.

    The  same type of spreader spreader costs about  $249.  I hate to buy a new one for the one or two times a year I will use it, but I can't repair it.

    I decided today to bite the bullet and buy a new one.

    I stopped at 2 places, but they did not have any in stock.

    I stopped at a third place and they had 3 or 4 different models, but no price on them.

    I went in, explained what I wanted, and they looked up the price.

    The one I chose was the $249 one I had seen on line.

    The nice lady typed in the code and she looks at me and said, "That spreader is $49.95"

    I said, "Excuse me....I don't think I heard you right.  How much?"

    "$49.95 if it is the same one you are looking at."

    So a guy came out, checked the numbers, called the check out counter and......yup.  $49.95.  For a $249 spreader.

    The guy said they are trying to get rid of summer stock and instead of storing it, they want it gone.  So drastic markdowns are being given.

    If you are in need of a spreader, dethatcher, aerator, lawn cart....stop at Stock and Field on 251 and ask about heir price.  You may get a great  bargain.

    On a down note, my brother is in the hospital.  I am concerned. 

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment