Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Holy busy days

Why are we so busy? 


    Holy cow, our calendar has a lot of stuff written on it for October.

    True, some of is is small stuff, like me getting a haircut tomorrow.  But it is still on the calendar.  Even Beth has a date!  She is going to get groomed in a couple of weeks.

    Right now Mondays and Fridays are open, but I know I have to take the car in for service,  that will screw up one of those days.

    I do have a couple of outside projects to do.  Jackie said I should do one today, but it was too hot to be mucking around in the yard.  Maybe tomorrow, if it does not rain.  And after I get my hair cut.

    I used to always say I was getting my hairs cut, but that isn't funny after 75 years.  Well, maybe 65 because I probably didn't say it b before I was 10.

    What's sad now is my nose hairs, ear hairs, and my eyebrows grow so much faster than my head hairs!  And I still have the problem of hairs on my knee, which is still sore.

    I borrowed my neighbor's tow behind spreader to do grass seed, but I don't want to make a habit of that.

    So I borrowed Emily's so I can spread fertilizer..  

    I don't know when it was last used, but it is frozen.  The wheel does not turn, nor does the speeding plate.

    So, I took it apart to try to free it up.

    Big mistake.  

    I am not a handy person.  My hands are best used for calling a repair person, not doing the actual repair.

    I have bits and pieces of the thing on the golf cart, but no matter what I do, I can't get the parts freed up.  I bought a product that blasts rust, but so far that has not helped.

    My only hope is that some store has an end of season clearance and wants to get rid of a tow behind spreader at a reasonable cost.

    Gonna work on it again tomorrow, but I don't have a lot of hope.

    Kind of like being a Bears fan this year.

Peace and Love




No comments:

Post a Comment