Thursday, August 24, 2023

yowser

 It was hot  today


How hot was it?

    The neighbor made hot tea in his swimming pool.

    My deck umbrella tried to come in the house.

    The ground squirrels stayed underground.

    A chicken crossing the road fried an egg.  And it hadn't even been laid!

    Visitors from Phoenix were complaining.

    My thermometer busted.

    I stopped at a stop sign and my car tires became stuck to the melting roadway.

    I saw a politician sweat.

    I heard Rudy G say it  wasn't 100, but 72 and that the weathermen conspired to make it seem hot.  Then he reported to jail.

    I know they are not funny.  But my get up and gone has got up and went.

    Relief in sight.

    At least the Cubs won, but they did not look real good.  They just seemed flat.

    Like  me tonight.

Peace and Love and coolness tomorrow



No comments:

Post a Comment