Sunday, August 6, 2023

ouch

 My butt hurts


    Not to be gross, but it is sore.

    I have been riding my bike more often and while my legs are fine, my buns are not.  Even padded shorts are not helping.  

    It takes a while to build up the buns, evidently.  I have not done a lot of riding, so they are still too soft for the saddle.

    I rode 7 miles today.  That is my longest ride so far this year.

    But here's the rub.  I just ride around my subdivision.

    That means circling 3 times,  which I need to do to hit 7 miles, I pass some houses 6 times.  The chocolate lab down the street gets to run and bark at me 6 times, but it does not leave the yard because they have an underground fence system.  Thank heavens.

    That means passing the same threesome out for a walk several times  I always say hello the first time, hi again the second time, then nod each time after that.  Depending on where they are, and where I am, I could pass them twice in just a few minutes.

    It is  not an exciting ride.

    No bridges or rivers to cross, or anything really interesting.  I just look at the houses.  

    Sometimes I can smell food that people are grilling outside.  I can hear the sound of laughter from back yards where children live.  

    Tonight the wind was brisk out of the northeast, but at 2 spots in the subdivision there was no wind at all.  I guess the combination of trees and houses worked together to block the breeze..

    I stay close to home in case Jackie needs me.  Yes, Julia is there, but sometimes Jackie needs to get out of her chair and Julia can't help her with that. 

    But at least I am finally out riding.  I have not done much, coming up with dozens of excuses, but now I am making an effort to exercise more.

    I guess I have to take the pain and just deal with it until mhy cheeks get used to the ride.

    By the way, I made a big mistake last week.  I said my Joe Pye Weed was taller than me.  My sister in law pointed out that that was not Joe Pye.

    Once upon a time I knew my plants.  But like names and dates, they seem to be disappearing from the rolodex that is my mind.

Peace and Love

    


No comments:

Post a Comment