Friday, August 25, 2023

outside

 I finally went outside for more than 1 minute tonight


    I think it is still pretty warm.  And humid.

    I started cleaning up the cucumber patch.  I have about 12 baseball sized yellow cucumbers that are totally inedible.  I don't know why that happens.  I do check.  One day they are little and the next day gigantic.  Next year.

    What's that they say?  Keep doing the same thing and getting the same negative results is the definition of insanity.  Well, I am insane.

    Here's proof.

Took a food order for takeout.  Julia wrote it down and I ordered.  It is clearly written on paper:  onion rings.  Jackie wanted onion rings.

    I ordered on line, picked it up, brought it home and Jackie asked where her onion rings were.  

    I didn't order them.  It was right there, on paper, in front of me.

    Geez.

    The golf cart was picked up today. 

    The owner's wife came with.  She is the one who yelled at me the other day about not checking the water level in the batteries.  I think she came because she wanted to see  what kind of idiot they were dealing with.

    We had to push the cart down the driveway and onto the trailer.  As we were pushing it up the trailer, my shoe came off.

    I have shoes a only wear outside.  I also have shoes I only wear inside.  I don't like wearing my outside shoes inside, but sometimes I do.

    Anyway, I usually just slip my feet into the shoes, choosing not to untie the laces and then tie them again.

    So my shoe came off and I said Jackie is always yelling at me to put my shoes on right instead of just stepping into them.

    The lady sooks at me and says, "You know, they make shoes without backs."

    For some reason, that cracked me up.

    Speaking of crocs and shoes, we had a doctor appointment in the burbs Tuesday.  The nurse, or assistant, was wearing crocs.  But they had little "things" in them:  doughut, flower, minion, that type of stuff.

    Jackie noticed it and said it was cute.

    Turne out hese little things have a name, which I don't remember.  But the girl buys them to decorate her crocs.

    What an idea!  That's why some people are rich and I am not.  Looking at the holes in crocs and thinking, "I'm going to make a little plastic/rubber gizmo you can plug into the holes and change whenever"  was genius.

    I am ending now.  The mojito I mixed was a bit stronger than I usually make and I think it is affecting my ability to think clearly.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment