Sunday, August 20, 2023

ah........

 I actually slept well last night!


    First time in a couple of weeks that I did not toss and turn.

    I went outside at 10:30 last night with a glass of wine and looked at the stars.  It just relaxed me so much, sitting in the dark and hearing the night noises.  I will do the same tonight.

    I may have it bottom on the battery issue. I just finished gallon 7, and it was hard to pump.  So, I plugged the golf cart into the charger and will check it again tomorrow.  I will also call the cart guy and see about replacing the batteries.  If I don't have to I won't, but I don't understand how it went through all that water in 1 year when I never checked it for 6.

    I had a strange experience, even for me.

    I went to watch the Heritage Festival Parade for a few minutes.  I went to see the museum entry an told them if anyone could not finish the route I would jump in.

    As I approaced the corner of Tenth Avenue an Main Street I noticed a woman standing next to a tree.

    She had the same color shorts, the same color and pattern t shirt and the same floppy hat I had!  I said  to her, "We could be twins!"  

    She didn't answer, but I could read her mind and she said "the heat must have gotten to this old man, he's bonkers.  Twins??"

    It did not seem to  be as hot as was predicted today, but I was not outside for very long.  I imagine the people walking 2 miles in the parade may disagree about the heat.

    Friends Dan and Linda came over today and brought peaches.  I believe she said Missouri peaches, which are as good as Illinois peaches.  We traded peaches for tomatoes and a couple of cucumbers.

    And the Cubs won.

    Good day all around.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment