Monday, August 21, 2023

drat

It's proven:  I am an idiot 


    I filled my batteries in the golf cart.  I put the charger on and let it run overnight.

    No go.

    So I called the cart repair guy who took care of me last year.

    I got yelled at by his wife.

    I explained that last year he came because my cart stopped running, filled the batteries because they were empty, charged it and brought it back.  It stopped running again.

    She asked me when I last checked the batteries.

    I told her I put in 7 gallons of water over the past three days.

    "You mean you ran the cart and never checked the batteries?  Didn't he  tell you to check he batteries?"  Yes, he did.  "And you didn't check them?  You have to check the batteries every month if not twice a month.  You can't let them run dry.  You have to check the batteries!"

    I told her the batteries were at least 9 years old.  That didn't help.

    "Even more reason to check the batteries.  You need to check those batteries to keep them in good shape."

    Well, I didn't.  She also mentioned I should not leave the charger on all the time. I never knew that.

    I bought the cart new and there were no directions about maintenance.  And yes, I should have done some reading about that.  And yes, I should have checked the batteries.  And yes, I am an idiot for not doing any of that.

    So. long story short:  He will eventually come and pick up the golf cart.  She did mention I could have caused problems with the electronic system by letting the batteries go to pot. 

    And I will have to buy 6 new batteries.  I won't tell you the price, but it's about an economy flight to Paris.  And back.

    I have Hoopla on my reader.  I checked out a book but can't open it.  I enter the password and it comes up incorrect. I can't change the password because I have to enter my existing password to make a change.  And I can't find a forgot password option anyplace.  

    Damn, life can be complicated.

    On the plus side, we gave Beth a bath, Julia made a tasty dinner, and the Cubs won.

    Be careful out there these next few days.  Know your limits and stay safe and cool.

Peace and Love

    


No comments:

Post a Comment