Wednesday, July 19, 2023

shopping tripped

I went to the store today 


    Actually, I went to several stores.  

    I wanted some new shorts.  So, I went to Kohl's in DeKalb. 

    I wear a size 38 and I wanted shorts with a 10 inch inseam.  I know, I didn't know shorts had inseam measurements!  But they do......7 inch, 9.5 and 10, as I read on the labels of 56,920 pairs of shorts. 

    Sadly, none of the ones I wanted came in my size.  No, that's not true.  They did have some for $60, but I was more interested in the $29.99 ones. 

    Jackie wanted me to get a specific toy for Beth, so I popped over to the pet shop by Kohl's.   But they did not have a toy that resembled the one I wanted.

    0 for 2.

    I went to Lowe's looking for some pavers for my patio, but they did not have the style.

    0 for 3.

    Went to Lehan's for some medical stuff for Jackie.  It was there.  That was really the reason I went to DeKalb ein the first place.

    1 for 4

    We decided on Philly steak sandwiches for supper tomorrow, so I stopped at Schnucks for some roast beef and pizza sauce.

    I could not find the pizza sauce, so I asked a guy stocking the cookie shelves.  He said it was over by the ketchup and he took me over there.  No pizza sauce.  Then he said it was by the pasta.  No pizza sauce.

    Then he said, "I don't really work here.  I work for the cookie company.  But I can usually find  things in a grocery store."

    As he was saying that, a lady asked what I was looking for.  I told her pizza sauce.

    She said it was in the next aisle with the salsa.  She took me over there and ..... no pizza sauce.  Then she said, "I know!" and walked me down to the end of the aisle where there was a big display of pizza crusts and sauce. I don't know how I missed it.

    I got half way home and wondered if I bought enough roast beef.  I got half a pound....for 3 sandwiches.  Now I wonder if that is enough.

    Time will tell.

    I'm calling the day 2 for 5, which in baseball is not bad.

    After supper I went for a bike ride.  That makes it 2 nights in a row!!

    A friend stopped after supper, and we got to meet her fiance and talked for a while. 

    And the day started off pretty good for me and Wordle.  I hit the word on the second try.

    Call that a grand slam, like Hoerner did tonight.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment