Sunday, July 30, 2023

Jackpot

 I won big today


    No, unfortunately, it was not the lottery that was almost $1 billion again.

    Julia and Emily went to an art show in St. Charles.  Lots of neat art, but also a farmers' market.

    I  now have strawberries, cherries and peaches from Michigan.

    The cherries are great, the strawberries good, but not as good as earlier ones, and the peaches have a little ripening up to do.

    I love produce that is local.  It seems fresher and tastier.

    They also had raspberries at the market, but Julia did not buy any because she just bought some yesterday in Rockford.

    But when I opened them this morning, they were all mushy and runny.  And the blackberries she bought from the same store were no longer black.  That is annoying as all get out.

    To me, the best thing about summer is the fresh food available.  Not only fruits, but corn, tomatoes, green peppers, beans......all the good stuff.

    I have to pick beans tomorrow.  I also have to freeze strawberries tomorrow.  But that is tomorrow.

    Tonight we had Kimberly over for supper. I was going to grill burgers and brats, but a funny thing happened.

    I ran out of gas for the grill.  No worries, I have another tank.  Dragged that out, hooked it up, and ........ nothing.  The grill lights for about 4 seconds, then dies.

    The last time this happened I needed a new regulator.  That was just after the tornado, so it has been a few years.  I had to order it from Weber, but I am hoping Ace or Benson Stone in Rockford will have regulators on hand.

    At least I hope that is the problem.

    We had a nice time visiting, talking, looking at pictures from our trip, and watching Beth go crazy over a mouse on the patio.  Beth was really worked up about that little critter.

    So, in addition  to doing beans and strawberries tomorrow, I guess I will be setting out some of my live traps to remove the problem.

    Or at least one of the problems.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment