Thursday, July 20, 2023

little piggy

This was not one of my better days 


    I am tired.  I am cranky.  The Cubs are losing 7-2. And I have no self control.

    We got up early because Jackie had a doctor appointment in Sycamore at 10:30.

    We were up at 7:30 and ready to go by 9:30.  Then the phone rang.

    The doctor was called away for an emergency surgery.  The appointment was rescheduled for Monday.

    So,  I had granola for breakfast along with tea.

    That's when the whole day went south.

    I had a taste for some chocolate, so 2 chunks went into my mouth.

    A peach?  Great idea.  Some cantalope?  Why not!  I was still hungry so I had a small bowl of chips.  Which took me to lunch, which was a left over brat.  

    The hill kept getting steeper.  More chocolate.  More peach.  Tea.  Cookie.  Chips.  Peanuts.  Doritos.

    I could not stop!

    I made cheesesteaks for supper:  hoagie bun, grilled roast beef, mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce, baked in an oven for a few minutes.

    It was good.  I finished mine, but Jackie could not.  So I finished hers!

    I took her to her library board meeting and I worked on the next great novel.  After the meeting, I stopped for ice cream!!

    If I don't puke sometime tonight, I will be shocked.

    It's now after 9 and I am hungry.  But I am not eating anything else.  I swear!!

    This little piggy has had enough.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment