Friday, July 7, 2023

home again, home again

 I am a little early today with this


    I am sitting in the Zurich Swiss Lounge, waiting and waiting.

    A few observations.

    I left the hotel with my luggage. In case you are wondering, I had a suitcase and duffel bag Julia bought at Walmart.

    Every time I roll that thing it flips off the wheels and I end up dragging it until I can set it upright.

    Plus, the bags were heavy.  I could go about 50 feet then I stopped to switch hands.  A 3 minute walk took me 15.  But I did go slow.

    Get to the train station and check for trains to the airport.  I find one at 9:46, giving me 20 minutes to get to platform 41.

    I get one an elevator full of Swiss Rails people and as I am standing there, they begin to chuckle then outright laugh.  I turned to them and said, "I am traveling light."

    I get off the elevator and one of them asks me where I am going.  To the airport.  She looks and says I am in the wrong spot, I need platform 3!  Then another person checks the schedules and says I am at the right platform for the 9:46 train, but I have to wait 15 minutes.  I said waiting 15 minutes is better than dragging my bags to another platform.

    But I took my time, watched for signs, checked in, had a Starbucks then headed toward the lounge.

    It is great not having to drag all those bags around.

    The other day when we were having lunch in Zurich, we sat next to a couple.  The man clearly said "Go Cubs" because I had a Wrigleyville shirt on.

    We got to talking.  The woman's originally from Chicago, then the Wilmette area, but now they live in South Carolina.

    They bought a rail pass and were touring Switzerland by train for the next 19 days!  No cars, just trains and buses.  It sounded like a real adventure with a great deal of planning for hotels and stuff.

    Well, that may be it for today.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment