Sunday, July 2, 2023

going up

 We went into the mountains today


    No, not to hike but to eat.

    Julia booked a lunch at the Coo Coo, a restaurant up in the mountains.  We took a cog railroad to get there.

    The views were spectacular, and so was the food.

    Some of Julia's friends joined us for lunch. 

    I am not a foodie, but I like to eat. 

    We started with some veggies and dip, and a meat tray, which may have been a charcuterie and I have no idea if that is spelled correctly.  Just go with it.

    Then the salad came.

    Everything was tasty and fresh and well presented.

    Some of the people had fondue and others had chicken or other dishes.    I went with the  chicken.

    It was done rotisserie style, but it may have been over a wood fire, I am not sure.  I was served a chicken, with potatoes, tomatoes and something else that escapes me.

    Now, these were not big chickens.  I might describe them as Cornish hens, but I don't know what the difference is and I don't care, because it was very tasty.

    Dessert was  meringues with double creme. a Swiss specialty.  I ate three of them, although in my defense they were on the smallish side.

    Between each course there was plenty of wine and time to go look out over the lake, forest, hills, huts, houses.....it was darn amazing.

    When we got back to Montreux we walked along the lake for a while.  It is Jazz Festival time in Montreux  and there were lots of vendors set up along the lake.  The food court had booths from all over the world, including the Balkans, Argentina, Spain, Thailand, Switzerland.....and the smells were overpowering.

    As we got on the fun, back to the hotel,  I suggested we ride up to Mt. Pelerin at the top and have a nightcap. 

    The views from up there were again spectacular.

    Now I am tired.  Tomorrow we are on our last Swiss adventure as a group.  Another lunch, this time in a cheese town.

Peace and Love


Don't know exactly how you play this horn


Another view from the restaurant

One of the views from the restaurant


It is required to take a picture of Freddy when in Montreal


T
One of the booths 

I don't know the name of this instrument, but he was amazing to watch

From the patio of the restaurant at Mt. Pelerin

Yes, those are cowhides.  You can relax on a hide and watch the scenery at the restaurant





There was an open piano stage and this guy performed very well




the fondue was a champagne with truffles and was amazing












No comments:

Post a Comment