Friday, November 18, 2022

this and that

Some days are just days 


    Like today.

    Got my hair cut. (all of them!)  Restocked some items at the Pickin Station.  Let the dogs out at Emily's.  Went to Rockford for an open house.

    Maybe it was a closed house.  Friends Chris and Carrie have been remodeling a house and have finished it and sold it.

    They had an open house to show the finished project.  It looked very nice.  He does quality work and it will make a nice house for the new owner.

    Friend Beth drove and we avoided 39 because there was some sort of accidnet that had the road closed, or partially closed, near Baxter Road on the northbound side.  It was a mess.

    I read where some person paid a quarter of a million $$ for a pair of Birkenstock sandals once worn by Steve Jobs. 

    Notice the lack of a segue on that.  Not good, eh?

    I guess that is a problem I have with the super rich.  At least I am assuming the purchaser was super rich.  I don't know any school teachers or police that could spend that kind of moolah on a used pair of sandals.  And even if I could, I wouldn't.

    There are a lot of things I would do with $100 million.  Of course, providing for my family would come first, paying off student loans of friends, providing housing for the homeless, feeding the hungry,  and funding lots of causes and charities I believe in, would all be on my list.

    But buying Steve Jobs old sandals would not make it.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment