Monday, November 28, 2022

no worms for me

 I don't remember the last time I was up early

    Probably when they sent the robots in to rip out my prostate.

    Jackie had to be at the hospital at 8 a.m. for a procedure.  We got up at 6.  AM.  As in morning.

    I have to admit, it was beautiful.  There was a frost, possibly a hoar frost because I did see fog last night.  And the early morning light on the top of the trees was very pretty.  A thinking person might have gotten a camera to capture the moment, but I was too busy keeping my eyes open.

    Her procedure went well.  About 30 minutes for the surgery, another hour to rest and recover and we were home by 11:30.

    Jackie developed a polyp (?) of some kind on the part of her nose where it meets the cheek.  It was getting ugly.  We had talked about getting it removed months ago but did nothing, but we got serious about it last month.

    The staff  members at the local hospital were so kind and considerate with her and me.  It was a good experience.

    Now she has a "divot" on the side of her nose that will heal in time.  Meanwhile, the bandage has to be changed twice a day and an antibiotic ointment applied. That is where Julia comes in.  I don't think I am ready for that.

    The tree came up today.  Julia put it together and I started "fluffing" it, which is no easy task.  It may take me a couple of days.

    I have seen pictures of families going out and cutting their own tree and am a little jealous.  But, and there is always a big butt, I am older.  And weaker.  And I don't especially like going out in the cold to cut down a tree.  Yes, I know it was warm last weekend, but that is not always the case.

    It was nice to see other families with children building those memories that we enjoyed for so many years.

Peace and Love

    

No comments:

Post a Comment