Sunday, November 20, 2022

ponderables

 Sometimes I just think too much


    I was reminded of that the other day when somebody posted a question and answer on Facebook:  Why is one side of a V longer than the other when geese fly south?  Because there are more geese on that side.

    Made sense.

    I can tell you the score of any football game before it starts!  It is always 0-0, then they start.

    Way back in grade school, dear Mr. Torres (Torrez)? told me if I took the number of runs his baseball team scored in games and added them, it would be more than the number of runs my team scored if you multiplied them.

   I accepted the challenge.  And I kept track of the Cubs and Sox runs for a week.

    When the Cubs got shut out, it demonstrated the concept of multiplication by 0 to me.

    And the old standard:   How far can a dog run into the woods?  Half way, then he is running out.

    I get to thinking of things like that and that is my excuse for a lot of things I do in life.

    For example, Jackie wanted an apple, peanut butter, and pretzels for lunch.  I brought her a piece of sausage, some cheese and peanuts.  In my defense, that is what I was having for lunch but for some reason I thought that is what she wanted.  And I asked her twice!  I was told twice that she wanted an apple and peanut butter.  WTH!

    Tested outside Chreistmas lights a little today. I plan on putting them out tomorrow.

    But what I don't understand is this:  I test the lights before I put them away.  So why does one strand have a dead spot right in the middle?  It worked when I put it in the box.  What happened in the box to make the lights not work?  Do they have some mysterious Christmas light sex that burns out bulbs?  Do they fight?  Dance?

    I wish I knew.

    The new foster host sent pictures of Ranger this morning.  He is fitting in nicely with her and her other dogs.  He was playing with then and was getting along fine.  I was very happy to see that.


    We are selling our entertainment center.  It is a beautiful piece of furniture.  I hate to see it go, but we are buying a new center that handles a bigger tv.  Progress, eh?

Peace an Love




No comments:

Post a Comment