Saturday, November 12, 2022

planning/ Shlamming

Sometimes planning doesn't work out right 


    We had planned to head to Rockford for a 2 p.m. show.  But when Jackie got up, it was clear this was a day we would not be going anywhere.

    That is one of the weird things about MS.  Some days are fine, some are ok, and some are  what in the hell is going to happen days.  

    If she doesn't feel right, we know not to go anywhere.  Today she just didn't feel right.

    So, instead of enjoying a play, I picked up stuff in the yard.

    Yes, I should have done that 2 months ago.  I should have collected the hoses,  put away the garden stuff, moved in all the chairs....but I did not. It would have been easier when it was 69 or 70, and maybe I would not have made a tactical mistake.

    I load my yard cart with hoses and other stuff.  I made the mistake of putting the potted rose bush and the weight for the umbrella in the back end of the cart.  When I disconnected the cart from the mower, it immediately tipped to the back and put the front up in the air.

    That is a problem, because the bar that connects to the mower is now up in the air, eye level, and can easily injure someone.  Plus, I can't back  the mower in farther because the damn bar is in the way.

    So, now I have to hook it back to the mower, unload it, reload it with  the heavy stuff in the front, and hopefully get all the stuff back into the garage.

    I thought about switching the yard stuff to the middle of the garage and using the third bay for the van.  But right now that is just an idea and I am not sure it is a good one.

    I used the mower today and ran out of gas.  It died in the middle of the driveway, but luckily I could drive around it. Of course, I had no gas in the gas cans.

    If I had planned better,  or planned at all, all of this would have been avoided.

    And of course, I am looking around the garage and wondering why I have all this crap to start with.  I need to do a spring cleaning next year.

    I saw 2 houses with Christmas lights on.......time for me to dig out our lights and start the testing.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment