Saturday, November 19, 2022

one final hug

Tonight's the night 


    Ranger's new foster family picked him up tonight.

    She was in the area and it made sense to make the exchange tonight instead of waiting until tomorrow.

    She is a groomer and a trainer.  I feel bad that Ranger is not staying, but I  feel good that some one will work with him on his issues.

    So.... now he is gone.  His new foster just picked him up.  It was a trial.  He growled, leaped, and when she turned her back he tried to bite her.

    She got a muzzle, which I put on Ranger as Julia held him.  Then we dragged/pushed him out the door.

    She picked up Ranger and put him in the front seat of her mobile grooming van and he got quiet.  I mentioned that and she said he was out of his element and no longer protective. 

    I hope he adjusts as quickly as he did here.

    I hate him going, but I realize he could not stay here the way he was.  Emily can't even come in the house!  All Ranger does is snarl and growl......not what you want trhe family pet to do.

    So, that chapter of my life is over.  Our life.  He adored me and Julia, but was just starting to warm up to Jackie.

    I can go visit him, but I will wait a while just to give him time to adjust and get some bahavior training.

    And while I know it is the best for him and us, it still hurts.  I really loved that crazy dog.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment