Monday, November 7, 2022

Monday funday

 Today was a pretty good day


    Not only did I buy the winning lottery ticket, we made a new friend from Texas!

    She is the mother of a good friend we have known for years and was visiting. They joined us for supper and some wine and we had a great time talking about travel experiences, life in Texas, lots of little stuff, and Ranger.

    Now, Ranger has been here for just over a week.  We have not had a lot of people over during that time, but we have had two sets of company.  Ranger has not jumped up to snatch food or sat and begged off anyone.  All he wants is people to pet him.

    All of us enjoyed pizza, apple crisp, good wine, great conversation and making new friends.  Well, all of us except Ranger, who made new friends but did not have any food and did not join in on our conversation.

    Ran into an old friend at Cypress House.  She was buying something for a baby.  She then explained to me that (I am changing names to protect the innocent) George just had a baby boy.  George is Pete's son.  So I said to her, you are a great grandmother.

    She shook her head ans said no, Pete is her grandson.  George is her great grandson.  The baby is her great, great grandson.

    I told her she looked pretty good for a great great grandmother.

    I have been going to Cypress House for a while.  I like the people and the coffee.  But I got a little confused today when I could not get in!  I pushed and pushed but the door would not open.  Don't you think after all my visits there I would know it's a pull?

    Sigh.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment