Saturday, October 1, 2022

Oh socks

 I got diabetic socks today


    Actually, to be correct they are socks for diabetics to wear.  I am not diabetic. Neither are the socks.

    I don't like them.  They don't have the soft, heavily cushioned sole I like.

    But when I wear my black socks, I end up with a rather noticeable ring around my mid-calf.  I read an article that said tight socks could affect circulation, causing feet to itch when you take off the socks.  That is what mine do.

    These socks don't have a tight elastic band.  I hope they work.  I hope I grow to like them, or else I may just resort to cutting the elastic on my old socks.

    I mowed today.  I set a personal record of just 67 minutes!  Having those flip up downspouts really helps.  But so does having Julia in the house with Jackie.

    I felt pretty good, so I planted some mums.  I removed the flowers in the hanging baskets and put a mum in one of the baskets. I picked it up and it was pretty darn heavy.,  I thought it was too heavy for the hook in the porch ceiling.  So I repotted it into a regular flower pot.

    I also went to the high school play tonight.  The youngin's presented "The Phantom Tollbooth,"  which I enjoyed reading some 40 years ago.  It's a fantasy story for children, but much of the humor seemed aimed at adults.  Nothnhg suggestive, but maybe sophisticated

    I have to go back and read the book.

    I enjoy high school shows.  I usually find two or three people who stand out, at least to me.  This show was no exception.  Some actors just take over a role, and that was true tonight.

    I just hope after they graduate and move on in life, they remember the joy they had acting and keep involved on some level.

    After all, Rochelle produced Joan Allen, who is a big name in the acting world.  

    Remember...if it is possible, it can't be impossible.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment