Wednesday, October 26, 2022

damn it

 Sometimes I just get irritated


    No, I am not mad about not winning the lottery tonight.  And yes, I realize they have not done the drawing yet, but I am a realist.

    No, I am not mad about the furnace cleaning this morning, even though I had to get up at 7:30.  I have not been up that early in months.

    No, I am not mad about the weather, which is actually pretty darn nice for October.

    What am I mad about?

    Let me tell you.

    About 6 months ago I bought some lidded glass storage containers.  The set came with a variety of sizes and shapes and they are good for storing leftovers.  They are dishwasher safe and can go from cold to hot without any problem.

    I love them.  They are easy to open, you can see what is inside....almost perfect.

    Yesterday I noticed achip out of one of the round ones.  

    Now, I am not a person who tosses stuff out willy-nilly.  But this is glass and someone could cut themselves on the sharp edge.  Also, how do I know the glass won't chip further?  

    It was right on the lip, so my fear was putting the lids on or off could cause more damage.  So I tossed it.

    Tonight, I noticed a chip on a large rectangular storage dish.  The same thoughts ran through my mind and again, I tossed it.

    Was I acting irrationally?  Would they have been safe to use in the microwave and in the dishwasher?  

    Another thing I am mad about.

    Jackie lost the back to one of her earrings while she was cleaning them.  She keeps the sink drain closed, so they can't go down the drain.  

    I looked everywhere for that back and could not find it.  It is not stuck in the rug, or on the floor, or in a drawer, or her walker, or anyplace.  I ran my hand over the floor, shined a flashlight over the floor, swept the floor....no back.

    It just seems to have disappeared.

    Maybe it is with the damn calendar I can not find, but both loses just fry my cupcakes.

    Which, by the way, is an expression I just made up.

    Maybe we have a ghost.  

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment