Thursday, October 27, 2022

2 to go

 Tonight is a pick-up rehearsal for our final two shows


    I did not want to be in this show.  I told the director, Will, no.  He asked me a couple of times and I talked it over with Jackie.  I agreed to be in the show if I didn't have to go to a lot of rehearsals.

    I am glad I am in this show.

    Everyone is doing an amazing job and the audiences love it.  I think our last two shows will be sell outs, or near sell outs, which is amazing.  I don't recall ever being in a show with multiple sell outs.

    Granted, we have about 72 chairs at tables plus some chairs in the back without tables.  It is a small house.

    But still......

    In some ways I am a little jealous too.  When we did Tuna in August, we never hit 60 for one show.  TC and I, Renee , Wendy and all worked our  butts off and gave  good performances, but the crowds didn't come.  I think it was the last two weekends before school started and people were busy with last chance vacations.  Plus it was a 2 person show, so we did not have large family audiences to draw.  If each of us brought 10 people, that would have been 20.  Cuckoo's Nest has 20 people in the cast, and that does make a difference.

    Plus, Cuckoo's Nest was a movie and people remember that.

    I am rationalizing, but large crowds are what we actors crave.

    Still have not found the phone book.  But the upside is I cleaned the den.  I tossed papers and crap I had no use for anymore.  Jackie rolled into it and looked around in disbelief.

    It will turn up someday.  I may have put it with something else, and was not aware I did it.  Time will pass, but it will be found.

    That's it. 

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment