Tuesday, October 4, 2022

faux pas

 Sometimes I just can't help it


    I try my best, but it does not work out well for me.

    For example, we don't have yard waste pick up out here in the country.  So, if I have yard waste to get rid of, I put it in a brown bag and take it to SK's or SM's.  Usually I go at night and put it in their driveway, but I always tell them I am doing it.

    I don't want them to think there is midnight bag dropper out there.

    So, had some stuff.  Put it in a brown bag.  It was supposed to rain three weeks ago, so I did not take it.

    Went o pick it up last Sunday......the bottom of the bag fell out.  The crap was still wet. 

    Put it in a new bag.  Went to pick it up yesterday  and the bottom fell out.  I put it in another bag and  the bottom on that is pretty wet.  

    I won't take it like that, because if the bottom breaks, I don't want people to have to clean up my mess.

    Last spring I had people come in and level my septic lines.  They settled a little and it was pretty bumpy mowing.  They leveled it, seeded it, and it was fine.

    It rained a couple of times and the grass started to grow.  Then it got dry.  I did not water.  The grass died.

    Yesterday I went and bought 6 40 pound bags of top soil.  I figured to spread the top soil thinly, rake it down, seed it, and water it.  

    6 bags did not come close.

    I bought 12 more bags today. 

    The bags are stored in a fenced in yard, and I had to drive down to where they were and someone would help me load.

    (Yesterday an extremely cute young lady helped me load the 6 bags.  She was a hell of a lot stronger than me.  Better looking too.  No such luck today.)

    I started the car, put it in drive.....and it seemed like it went over a bump and stopped.

    My first thought was I ran over the guy helping me.  Or I ran oveer one of those concrete bumpers.

    I got out and looked and .... nothing.  No obstacles or bodies in the way.

    I got back in the car and tried again.  Could not go forward or  reverse.  Years ago I had a similar situation and Jackie asked if the emergency brake was on.  It was.

    Today I looked and saw a red light on the control panel.  It was the parking brake.  I had evidently hit the button by mistake.  So I hit it again, and moved forward.

    I have spread the 12 bags.  I have raked the dirt down.  I have put a lot of seed on it.  I have watered it.

    And tomorrow I am going back for another 8 bags so I can finish.

    Let's do the math.  I moved 18 bags from the car to the yard cart.  That is 720 pounds.  Then I moved the dirt from the yard cart to the ground, one stinkin shovel at a time.  Another 720 pounds.  

    And damn right I an watering the stuff 2 times a day.  

    I just hope it grows.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment