Monday, October 10, 2022

Ouch!

 I have had a rough couple of days


    Saturday I walked into our bed footboard and banged my thigh.  It still hurts.

    Last night I was going from the den to the bedroom at about midnight.  The house was totally dark.  I know this house like the back of my hand.

    So, explain to me how I walked smack dab into the bedroom door frame!  Damn, that really hurt!  Within seconds I had a small lump forming over my right eye and a hell of a headache.

    Jackie asked me if I was ok, I like to think she was crying tears of pain for me and not tears of laughter.

    I put an icepack on it, took a couple of Tylenol, and tried to go to sleep.  Beteween my thigh, back, thumbs and head, it was hard to find a comfortable spot.

    I continued my "get it done campaign" by replacing two sensors on our home security system.  It is good to go, but I think I better explain it to Julia before I set it.  The folks at Xfinity walked me through it.

    Julia helped me change the outdoor motion detector lights.  I had her hold the ladder.  I figured my age, my clumsiness, and my rash behavior might be better served by a steady ladder.

    And I got a bike ride in!  Not long, only 6 miles....but it was my longest ride of the season.  Man it felt good and I wish I was not such a lazy bones in May and June.

    I sense a strange smell in the air.  I wonder if it is the soybeans being harvested.  Almost smells like paint.

    Although I only have one line in the upcoming play, somehow tonight I forgot to say it.  I had no idea why no one was talking but everyone was looking at me.  I blame it on not going to rehearsals before today.

    That's it.

Peace and Love

And more flower pictures.   Plus a bird.



This is the bird that has been hanging around.  It stood like this for several minutes.  I think it was waiting for a ground squirrel to pop up.

I have pots that I only plant with certain plants.  This pot has always had lemon grass or citronella.  But I have never seen this.  Any ideas?  Master Gardeners, is it a citronella?  It does not smell.


No comments:

Post a Comment