Friday, July 1, 2022

excuse me

 Today is Bobby Bonilla Day


    He is a former Major League baseball player who had a huge contract with the New York Mets.  In order to sign other players, the team renegotiated his contract, deferring his payments,  giving them more money to pay players.

    So, on July 1 of every year, Bobby Bonilla gets a tad over $1 million from the Mets.  This continues to 2035, when he will be 72.    He last played in 2001!  He also gets another $500,000 until 2029 as part of a payout from another team.

    Not bad for not working.

    Speaking of not working, our cleaning person left us.  Ginger did a great job and we will miss her.  We found a replacement, but she won't start until the end of July.  And, I have to keep my pants on when she is in the house.

    Ginger usually took about 3 hours to clean.  She did not do Julia's room, the den or the kitchen, exxept she did the floor in the kitchen.

    I figured out why it takes me so much longer than her.

    First off, I am freaking old and move slower.

    I also get easily distracted.

    But, when I clean I also do laundry, make lunches, fold clothes, answer the telephone,....all things a cleaning person doesn't have to do.  

    If I didn't have to do that, maybe I could clean the house in 3 hours.

    As it was, after I worked as long as I could, I still had the bathrooms and our bedroom to do.  And I  was tired.  

    Relaxing with some pizza, rosé, and friend Sheri made the evening a little better than the day.

    Tomorrow I need to work on lines and clean bathrooms.  And a bedroom.  It will be a long day.

Peace and Love




No comments:

Post a Comment