Friday, July 15, 2022

Ripped it

 I had a hard time sleeping the past two nights


    I got up early today, and by early I mean 8 a.m.  We were expecting a visitor in the morning, so I thought I should be dressed, and have Jackie dressed.

    Problem is, the visitor didn't come.

    The person bringing the dog called and said they did not have power at their house, it was pouring buckets, and she wanted to reschedule.  So we did.

    That means I was up at 8.  I was also up at 2 a.m., but that was because I could not sleep.  At 3 I was out covering the grill and watching the moon. I always expect to see animals in the moonlight, but I never do.

    Jackie and I ate breakfast and I went out to the front porch to take a short nap.  That was around 10:15 or so.

    I took my favorite wrap, and after the mailman stopped I put on a sweatshirt. and settled back down into my porch recliner.  I sat out there because the sound of the rain and the fresh air were soothing to me.

    At some point I remember getting wet.  I remember the rain hitting my head, so I put up my hood on the sweatshirt.

    I woke up a little after 1.  My wrap was damp, my sweatshirt was damp, Jackie was still sitting in her wheelchair, and I was refreshed.

    But, now it is 9 and I can barely keep my eyes open!  

    Maybe tomorrow the dog will come for a visit.  We left that open.

    I told Jackie that maybe the weather was a sign....but she does not believe in those things.

    Time will tell.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment