Wednesday, July 13, 2022

it's a girl

We had our baby on this date 


    Little Emily came into the world July 13, sharing the same birthdate as Jackie's dad.

    She was born at Rockford Memorial Hospital.  The nurses asked if I was going in for the birth and I quickly said, "No....I am going for coffee."

    I did not want to be the one passing out and hitting the floor, which is very likely to have happened.  

    Emily is a name that was not in either of our families.  We may have been influenced by the Bob Newhart show, but I am not really sure about that.  Jean is her middle name, and it was the name of my favorite aunt growing up, an aunt who let religious beliefs prevent her from being treated for cancer at an early stage, instead of when it was too late.

    The four of us had a quiet supper....brats on the grill, some salads, and sone cheesecake for dessert.

    I think it is the first ime in over 20 years Julia has been home to celebrate with her sister.

    Funny how life goes...one day yoy are bringing then home from the hospital, and the next day they adults, on their own, doing well.  

    I am just so thankful for both girls, and proud of them too.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment