Sunday, July 24, 2022

Yikes

 I had a nice sleep last night


    Usually I have a hard time sleeping.  Despite the weather radio going off 3 times, and me getting up to check what the forecast was, I slept great!

    Maybe too great.  When the cuckoo hit 10, I was shocked.  I did not think it was that late, but it was.

    Which put me behind to start the day.

    But, I did get the yard mowed and trimmed.  When Julia's friends Nam and Matt were here, he mowed July 3.  I have not mowed since.

    The grass has not grown much, except where I water my veggies.  The grass around that area is pretty thick.

    I have a love/hate relationship with grass.  I think it is wasteful to spend so much on gas and time to maintain a yard.  I would rather see wildflowers in more of the yard, and less grass.  But given our love affair with turf, that won't happen.

    On the other hand, I think houses with neat yards look nice.  

    I also pulled down pea vines today.  They are starting to brown up, so I took them down.  I will rake up the ground and put some green beans in their place.  When the Italian beans get done, I will plant more peas there and hope they make it before the frost.

    Caught a few minutes of  the  Cubs.  I have my W flag out because they won again!  And they beat a good team!

    Growing up just blocks from Wrigley, I became a Cub fan early.

    But one of my favorite players when I was a kid was Minnie Minoso.  I loved reading about him and watching him play ball.

    I am glad he finally made it to the Hall of Fame.  It is an honor long overdue.  It's too bad heis not alive to enjoy the moment.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment