Thursday, April 21, 2022

dwat it

 I have a rabbit in the yard


    It's a big sucker!  Not only is it large, it has dug a hole in the middle of my grass by the garden.  A big hole.  I assume it will be nesting soon.

    Corki would have never allowed that.  She would have sniffed the sucker out and barked at it.

    This afternoon the rabbit was sitting on my front porch.  It eventually moved to the back yard where it was active.  Between 4 and 7:30, it had dug a huge hole in the yard.  

    Dwat that silly wabbit!

    Maybe I should bring one of Emily's dogs over to put the fear of Dog in it and hopefully scare it away.

    In all the years we lived here, last year was the first time I saw a rabbit.  I wonder if it is the same one.....it had babies last year but I don't think any of them survived.  I don't think Corki got them, but some animal did.

    With hawks, coyotes and owls hanging around, I think nature will take its course.

    Before this house was finished, we lived in a townhome in town. 

    One day I was looking out the kitchen window and saw several crows on the ground, poking at the earth.  I did not realize what they were doing until one of them came up with a little bunny.  

    I called Jackie and she came and watched as a second crow pulled out a baby bunny and flew off with it.

    That's when Jackie made me chase the crows away and cover up the hole with grass.

    I did, but I don't know if the rabbits survived or not.

    I don't want to kill them, but I don't want them eating my plants either.

    Such is life.

Peace and Love.  Pray for Ukraine


No comments:

Post a Comment