Wednesday, April 13, 2022

blocked

 I honestly don't know what to write about


    We are still crying over Corki.  I was doing dishes and the tears just came.  Jackie was taking her evening meds and the tears came.  

    Corki was always underfoot when I did dishes.  She got an evening treat when Jackie got her pills.  We miss her.

    Her memories are everywhere.

    I finished "Around the World in 80 Days" by Jules Verne  What impressed me was the amount of research that went into the book.

    He wrote it in 1872.  He included names of rivers, towns, lakes, mountains......I can't imagine gathering that information from books.  When travelling across the US, he gives a brief history of the railroads, describes the bison herds that roamed the plains, elevations of towns and other places.  He was able to describe lands he had never been to, getting infiormatioin from books and from lectures, I assume.

    I always associated the book with hot air balloons....but he never travels in those in the book.  Funny, eh?

    I also thought the book was boring at the beginning....but as his adventrue continued, Fogg and the story grew more interesting.

    Now I think I will read "Journey to the Center of the Earth" and "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea."

    I don't remember reading those as a kid either, except in the Classics Illustrated comic version.  

    Never to late to read good stories, eh?

Peace and Love.  Pray for Ukraine


No comments:

Post a Comment