Sunday, April 24, 2022

animal kingdoms

 Animals are on my mind a lot lately


    The ground saquirrel in my garage was as surprised to see me as I was it this morning.

    I opened the back door, stepped out, and it jumped up in the air.  So did I!  It ran down the ramp and hid someplace.  I got out one of my traps and put a little peanut butter in it to lure it in.

    These are live traps.  The door springs shut and the critter is in the trap.  I can then take him/her farther out in the country and release it.

    I also have a mouse trap that you bait and set out.  The mouse wanders in and can't get out.  I had a mouse in the grill one summer and used that to catch and release it.

    I opened that today and discovered I had captured another mouse, at some point.  Not much left, just some fur and bones.  Yuck.

    I looked out my window and saw two crows pecking away at the rabbit's nest.  I don't know why, but that bothered me.  Crows have to eat too.  But I took some branches and placed them over the nest to give it some protection.  We'll see it it works.

    Last night, eating dinner and playing cards, we discoverd ants.  Lots of ants.  I sprayed around the door inside and outside, but there were still some ants there this morning.  

    When I was in grade school I wrote a paper about my favorite aunt, Betty.  Problem is, I misspelled aunt every time I used her name.  She was Anut Betty.  My teacher wrote on the paper: "Is she really a nut?"   Oops.

    Lastly, while mowing I found an interesting object in the grass.  I don't know how it got in my yard, my guess is a coyote or fox carried it in.

    Also, my spring flowers have bloomed!   Finally!

    Hope this week is a good one for you.

Peace and Love.  Pray for Ukraine.


Looks like a backbone, or hip.  Any ideas?

Magnolia tree is blossoming

These were my mom's favorite flowers....and they are mine too.  I included my finger just to see if anyone would notice.


No comments:

Post a Comment