Saturday, April 9, 2022

day 2

 Day 2 without Corki was a little easier


    I was sort of ok until I went out to do a yard clean up.  Corki loved carrots.  Jackie would share her lunch carrots with her.

    So Corki's poop  usually had orange flecks.  I guess that was all I needed.  The "final" yard pickup took a little longer than normal.

    I washed all her beds.  I found a little patch of hair and saved it.  I know that sounds crazy, and I will someday toss it.  But for now it comforts me.

    Friends came over and visited and we talked about what happened.  It felt good to talk about it and not cry.

    We all appreciate the comments people have made on Facebook and in messages.

    Please understand I can't yet respond.  We don't have enough tissue in the house for me to do that.  Eventually I wll respond to your comments.  It may be a few days.  Or weeks.  

    I am an emotional guy.  I still tear up over the tornado that changed all our lives 7 years ago.

    Maybe you can tell me, how long does it take a broken heart to heal?  When does the pain, and guilt, go away?

    A friend wanted me to ask.

Peace and Love.  Prayers for Ukraine.






No comments:

Post a Comment