Monday, February 7, 2022

Ghosts?

 Something very strange happened today


    Any explanation is frightening, to say the least.

    I was helping Jackie from the pot into her wheelchair.  Corki was laying on her bed in our bedroom.  

    I took Jackie to the dining room table where she is trying to balance our checkbook.  (Note:  I get so frustrated when I try to help her I could scream.  She has me add up numbers but refuses to round off.  So I add $4.67. $26.78......drives me nuts.  My mom rounded everything to the nearest 10.  So a $26.45 check became $30 in her checkbook.  She never balanced.  Instead, every couple of years we would close her account and move to a new bank.  And every time what she thought she had was pretty close to what she actually had.)

    After the dining room, I moved to the den for a game or two of spider solitaire until the laundry was done drying.  Then I had to go to town to mail a package.

    After about 10 minutes, Corki barks.  

    Jackie asks, "Where's Corki?" 

    I said the last I saw her she was in the bedroom on her bed, yet the noise was not from the bedroom.

    I opened the front door, and there was Corki!

    How the hell she got out there, I can't explain.  I don't remember letting her out.  Julia was downstairs and did not let her out.  Jackie obviously did not let her out.

    Yet, she was out.

    So...the scary part.   We have a ghost.  Corki can open doors.  Someone came into the house and let her out and left.  I let her out and did not remember doing it.

    I went to the post office and mailed a return.  The clerk said, "Uh...this goes UPS.  We are USPS.  Can't leave it here."  

    I knew it was UPS!  What was I doing at the post office?

    Anyway, it got sent, the dog got in, and I think I need a good stiff drink to ward off the ghosts ane other fears.


Peace and Love


My Burr oak sure has a lot of galls

Saw this at a store in DeKalb.....I can't remember if it is jackfruit or something else
But I do wonder how you eat it.  It was huge, like a watermelon.



I do believet hat is where Paddock Hall used to be, on the right.  Was the large hole in the middle the window to the light booth? 
 
Wonder who left these behind


No comments:

Post a Comment