Sunday, January 30, 2022

Upset?

 I watched a lot of football today


    Both teams I wanted to win lost.

    I liked SF because of the Chicago connection.  Gould was a kicker for the Bears, Grappalo went to Rolling Meadows High School, and Jimmy Ward played for NIU. 

    I liked the Chiefs because of Hahomes.  

    And I don't know/care if the names are spelled correctly.

    We had Iowa chops for supper.  Iowa chops are about 1 inch thick.  I got them at Headon's and used a recipe from on line......coat them with olive oil, sear on each sides for 2 minutes, bake in 400 degree over for 20 minutes.  Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.

    I also made green beans from the garden and Julia made scalloped potatoes from a box.  It was a good meal.

    The recipe also called for heavy use of salt to give it more flavor.  But when I followed that advice last time, Jackie did not like it because it was too salty.  To be honest, it was a little too salty for me.  So I cut down on the salt this time.

    Because the chops are so big, we actually have enough for a second meal.

    Good football games, good food, and a good day in all.

    Hope everyone is well.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment