Friday, January 7, 2022

No news is good news

 I am not sure what happened today


    The alarm went off at 8:15.  I fell back asleep.  Until 9:15.  By the time I got Jackie up and dressed, it was 11:30.

    I also realized I had forgotten to finish my weekly newspaper column, which is due Friday morning.  It finally got sent, but maybe not in time to run in the Sunday paper like it usually does.

    The fireplace guy came and replaced the igniter in our fireplace and now it seems to go on faster.  Maybe now it will not go off and on like it was doing.

    The rest of Chrstmas went downstairs.  Then I found more, which went downstairs.  Then I found more.......little things that were scatteered around the house.

    Yesterday I called the refuse people about my recycling cans.  I was confused by the message on their webpage.  The woman I talked to said if they were not here by 6 p.m., then  I got it out too late.

    I took the garbage out brought the recyling back in and today, our normal garbage day, they picked up the recycling.  I have a lot of recycling every week.  Now I will have twice as much as normal when they come in 2 weeks.

    I always wonder if we are being scammed.  Is the stuff really being recycled?  

    Went to getp pizza tonight.  Paid with my credit card.  Got home and Julia met me at the garage door.

    "You left your credit card at the pizza place."

    I asked why someone didn't call me.

    "I did, but you left your phone on the counter."

    That was 20 minutes I'll never get back.  But I did enjoy the radio, especially since Sirius was updating and no channels were available.

    Oh well.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment