Sunday, January 9, 2022

dirty, dirty dishes

 Today was one of my least favorite days


    The almost final act of removng Christmas is to change the Christmas plates with the non Christmas plates.

    It is a long, involved process.  All the Christmas stuff has to be washed, then moved to the dining room table.  Then all the normal dishes have to be raken out of the pie safe,  carried to the kitchen, and put on the shelves.

    The Christmas plates then go in the pie safe.  Now, some people prefer them to be in a particular order while others just want to stick the damn things into the pie safe.  This often results in some mumbling and grumbling and an occasional swear word, but then Jackie settles down.

    Meanwhile, the dishes are put into the kitchen cabinets in a certain order that reflects their use.  Big-butt pitcher?  Top shelf.  Cereal bowls?  Bottom shelf.

    I repeat the process with glasses and cups  We have a lot of cups.  More than we will ever use.  I have a cup I got for my 60th birthday and it holds 2 cups of tea.  And yes, I do fill it.

    I also had a love/hate relationship with today for another reason.  The Bears played their last game.  I usually love watching he Bears, but  for the past 2 seasons it has been hard.  I foolishly got overly optimistic when they grabbed a 14-3 lead before getting trounced in the second half.

    Now, I am not a football genius.  But if I have a bruising running back and fourth and goal from the one, I am not taking him out and passing.  But the Bears did.  The next time they had fourth and goal from the one, they had Montgomery in but they again passed the ball.  Neither pass was close.  Another time the QB got sacked, which ended what should have been a scoring drive.

    At one point one of the announcers said something like, "If any Bears fans are still watching, and they haven't put their foot throught their TV, this has to be maddening."

    That is when I went back to work on the dishes.

    By the time you read this, there may have been a big shakeup in the organization. 

     And I may have rearranged the pie safe after Jackie sees it.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment