Friday, September 3, 2021

Reflections

I am amazed at the changes in life 


    This week on Facebook, memories have popped up that I really miss.  The events, not the memories....I still have those.

    Jimmy Buffet concerts, for one.  One memory had the group on a boat on Lake Geneva.  At the time I thought that was a horrible idea, but once we got on the water I loved it!  We did it again the following year.  But seeing the "old gang", or actually young gang, of Chris, Carrie, TC, Stacey, Curt, Erin, Steve, and other people who have taken me to see Jimmy brought back great memories.

    Bristol Ren Faire, for a second.  I love going there.  Emily introduced me to it several years ago.  Emily and John have taken me several times and I enjoyed each faire more than the previous.  Friends owned a shop at the faire, I think they still do but I am not sure.   Plus, I have met a couple of the performers outside the faire, at a show, and at Emily and John's when they had MooNie do a fund raiser for VCCT.

    It would be nice to return to those days.

    I noticed many changes when I went into the city yesterday.

    Here are some of them.


Usually the platform area is packed with people!




    The main lobby area at Ogilvie.....the place on the left used to be a Garret's Popcorn shop....now it's another victim of Covid



    A man had this garment bag slung over his shoulder.  I asked him if I could take the picture but he did not seem real friendly.  He also yelled at his wife.

    Anyway, memories.

    Eight years ago I had a Facebook entry where I noted I started mowing at 9:30, ran out of gas at 10:30, went to town for ga, got distracted and at 2:30 realized the mower was still sitting gasless in the yard.  But the interesting part of the post was I stopped at Cypress House for coffee after "picking up some pigs."  I have no idea what the hell that means.

    If anyone knows, please tell me.  I seem to have missed that memory.

Peace and Love













No comments:

Post a Comment