Thursday, September 2, 2021

going gogh

I went to see the VanGogh exhibit today 


    It was pretty darn cool.

    Dan and Linda and I made the trip into Chicago.  That is always an experience.

    I have a Ventra pass and wanted to check how much money was left for public transportation.  I went to the web site, entered my pass number.....invalid.

    So I went to sign in.  Password invalid.

    So I called.

    About 17 minutes later I talked to a nice lady who told me the number was on the back of the card, not the front, and I had $11.75 cents on the card.

    We Ubered (Is that a word?) wirh a nice gent named Paul, who was from Haiti but has been in the US for 10 years.  He does not many family members left in Haiti, they have all moved here.

    Anyway....the exhibit.

    I love Van Gogh during his later years, especially when he was in Arles. When Dan and I went to France in 2012 we walked the Van Gogh path in Arles.  (Google Van Gogh path and see if you fnd a Chicago Tribune article written by yours truly.)

    That made it especially neat to see scenes I was at.

    Enough words. 

    Picture time.








Even the floor was covered



    I have had pastis at the yellow cafe twice......Cafe at Night I believe is the painting's title


    Me!


    Images were constantly changing....


    The life story ended with a series of works at St Remy, an asylum where he eventually killed himself or was murdered.


    This image faded as each candle went out....with the exception of one, which burned faintly when the walls went black.  

    I thought it was well worth the trip.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment