Tuesday, September 7, 2021

huh???

I sometimes don't know what I don't know I know 


    Painter friend Wendy came over tonight to paint the blue bedroom.

    When we moved into the house, all the rooms were painted.  But we did not like the blue room, it was too bright.

    So we got a toned down pale blue.  And we like the color.

    But after 8 years, there are some marks.  Figuring  an empty room is a good time to paint, I went to the paint store.

    I had some paint named Marilyn's Little Dress in the basement.  It is a light blue.  So I got a gallon to paint the bedroom.  I was confident because we only have one blue room in the house.

    Wendy put some on the wall and said, "Uh, Terry, you might want to look at this."

    It's the wrong color.  Way too light. I opened the old can of paint, which I still have, and it too is too light.   How can that be?

    I am going to take the new paint back to see if it can be altered to be a light blue.  But the puzzle was whey did I have Marilyn's Little Dress?  

    Then it hit me.  The basement.  My room downstairs is a combo dark gray and ..... Marilyn's Little Dress.  Mystery solved.

    But I was so sure I knew the color.

    I did pick  beans today and Jackie and I cut some up, getting a gallon sized bag.  Considering I did not think we would get any green beans, a gallon is good.

    And the storm that went through here this after noon brought lightning, thunder and a little rain.  Not enough.

    My other goof was not checking my care taker schedule.  She came, but I had forgotten and had a list of stuff I had to do around the house.  

    Even having information written down does not always help me.

    Such is life.

Peace and Love



Our floors





No comments:

Post a Comment